Love making toys? Want to be crowned the ultimate toymaking champion?
The annual Let’s Get Crafting Toymaker of the Year competition is back and better than ever! Whether you’ve made hundreds of toys, or never tried before, all skill levels are welcome. Now is your time to shine! Knit or crochet ANY toy you like. It can be your own design, a pattern from a book. It can be any shape or size and can be used with materials of your choice.
This years competition is in partnership with King Cole yarn and there is the chance to win incredible prizes and be published in Issue 97 of Let’s Get Crafting magazine (on sale 14th December 2017).
The deadline to enter is 9 October 2017. Head on over to the LGC website now for the full details. Good luck everyone!
Until next time, happy hooking and keep calm and crochet on my friends xx
And so the results are IN!! And the winner of the Pillow Showdown is the most lovely Michelle at From Home with her awesome Classic Lace Bolster Pattern! Huge congratulations to her on her awesome winning design!
I join the line up of the other fabulous runners up and I can now reveal who’s great designs were who’s!
So did you guess which one was mine? I’ll give you a clue…
Yes my design was the River Rose Pillow!
I had great fun designing this cushion and I am really proud of the way it turned out in the end. I think it is probably one of my favourite designs to date.
At 20 x 20 inches it’s a nice big size to squish into and it looks fab in other colours (which my lovely testers proved!).
And now for the exciting news….DISCOUNT PRICES!!! All the patterns featured in the competition are now available at a discount on Ravelry including mine!
The River Rose Pillow Cover has 50% discount on Ravelry right now for 1 week! Just £1.75 / $2.70. Normal price will be £3.50 / $5.40 no coupon needed: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/river-rose-pillow-cover
Fabulous designer discounts:
Happy Hooking everyone!
Woo hoo this is my 100th blog post and rather fittingly I have an exiting subject to share with you all this evening. I am delighted to say that I was recently invited to take part in the second round of HodgePodge Crochet’s newest showdown competition (you can read all about the 1st showdown here). Six designers were given the challenge of designing a brand new ‘cushion’ (or pillow as folks in the US like to call them) pattern. The cushion itself could be any size, any shape, any stitch and with any yarn…
So do you want to see what everyone came up with? Well I’ll show you but I can’t tell you which one is mine…you have to vote for your favourite (see below for the rules).
Rules of the Competition:
- A Pinterest board has been created where all 6 Showdown Designs are pinned: https://www.pinterest.com/TanyaNaser/hodgepodge-crochet-showdown/
- A “vote” consists of either “liking” or “repining” a pin, or both. You CAN cast two votes for the same design, and they will all be tallied at the end, but voting for two different designs just cancels out each of your votes, so its recommended to keep your vote to one design only. (You can repin whatever additional designs you like after the competition is done.)
- It doesn’t matter where you repin them to, use whatever board you like.
- Voting runs from NOW, until Saturday, August 8th, 2015 at 7.00am GMT / midnight PST.
- The Winner will be announced Sunday, August 9th sometime in the PM GMT / AM PST
All designs will be available for purchase on Ravelry on Sunday, August 9th