Hello I’m Heather and I’d like to wish you a warm welcome to my little blog! I’m a thirty *cough* something, busy working wife and mum of two young daughters based in Staffordshire, UK.
I never thought, when I started this site at the end of January 2014, that I’d enjoy blogging so much and I’m so happy that so many of you seem to enjoy my musings as I share with you my massive passion for all things crochet! This is my place to share my love of all things yarny; I mainly write about my crochet and other crafty things but I also like to share little stories about my family and fun activities to do with children. I do hope you enjoy your visit and I love hearing from my visitors, so don’t be shy!
Until next time; keep calm and crochet on my friends xx
Want to know more about me?
- I have a weakness for bread and cheese (and chocolate!)
- I have a degree in Literature and I love to read when I’m not crocheting; my all time favourite book is Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.
- I work full time for the local government in my day job
- My favourite singer is Sia Furler
- My favourite hooks are Clover Amour and my favourite hooks sizes are 4mm, 5mm and 6mm (size G, H and J)
- My go to yarns (and what the majority of my not so small stash is made up from) are Stylecraft, Drops Yarn and Sidar in all weights – but I’d never say no to any pretty yarn!
I have really enjoyed designing crochet patterns for magazines including; LGC Knit and Crochet Magazine, Happily Hooked Magazine, iLikeCrochet e-Magazine and Too Yarn Cute e-Magazine (now sadly no longer available). If you are interested you can see a full list of my crafty accomplishments here.
I am really happy to work on design projects with other designers or companies where I’m able. Please get in touch with me here if this is something you would like to do.
I’m also more than happy to run giveaways for crafty products / books / patterns on my blog. Ideally I do like to trial any products / books / patterns first. I want all opinions expressed on the blog to be my own and based on my own experiences. If I include an affiliate link I will declare any such link in a disclaimer to my readers.
Designing is definitely where my heart is; for me there is nothing like playing with yarn and seeing what develops!
- All my patterns feature UK and US terminology.
- I mainly work with acrylics as it usually has the best range of colours and is easily accessible by most people but other yarns do make an appearance occasionally.
- Yes you can most definitely sell finished products made from my patterns as long as you don’t sell or reproduce the written pattern. All I ask is that you include a link to the pattern with credit for the design (links below) – on the online listing if selling online, or on the tag if selling at a craft fair or in a shop.
- I have lots of free patterns as well as patterns available for purchase so take a look around; I hope you find something here you would like to make!
My Online Links: