Our groovyghan crochet along journey is over boo hoo! But don’t worry if this is the first you are hearing about this CAL you can find the full schedule here and I promise to keep all the details on the blog FOREVER x
This week I thought I’d share some groovyghan facts with you and show you some of the amazing groovyghans made by others.
So first the statistics – in our CAL we have had;
- nearly 5,000 people join the KCACO-UK Community Group over on Facebook – that’s potentially a lot of groovyghans!! & that’s not counting everyone else that has joined in the crochet-along following on the blog.
- people globally join in the CAL (which has been so exciting) including folks from United Kingdom, Ireland, USA, Canada, Luxembourg, Australia, Sweden, France, Israel, South Africa, Norway, Denmark, Mexico, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, Uruguay and Greece (I may have missed some – sorry if I have)!!!
- worked through 17 new patterns – way to go everyone that had never read a pattern before!
- learnt to be crochet bi-lingual by following both UK and US crochet terminology – just think how useful that will be in the future!
- used a crochet chart (even if my drawings were a bit wobbly at times!)
- used several techniques including granny squares, popcorn stitches & ripples to name a few – some seriously impressive skills to be proud of!
I’m sending a virtual pat on the back and well done cheer to everyone that finished up their groovyghan – thank you so much for crocheting along with me.
And now I want to share some of the amazing finished Groovyghan’s that I have had the kind permission of the owners to show photos of! All the colourways that were shared with me for this post were so fantastic and pretty but if I added them all it would be a really long blog post so I have selected a few that are different for inspiration purposes. So without further ado here are some unbelievably gorgeous Groovyghans to feast your eyes on!
Aren’t they just all stunning! Thanks again to everyone that joined in the CAL with me this year and has shared their beautiful work with me! I loved seeing your finished Groovyghans 💕
Look out for details of our next crochet along in December (starting in January 2017).
Until next time; keep calm and crochet on my friends xx