Can you believe it’s time for block 20!!! It’s also kind of sad now we are almost coming to the end of the CAL but also exciting as we are not far from our complete blanket. Now whether you are an Afghan square enthusiast or not you’ve got to love the designs of Julie Yeager. Her Afghan squares in particular are always stunning and the ones I love the most are those that resemble a stained glass window. As a big fan of hers I knew I wanted to add one of her designs in the CAL.
This square will be available as a free Ravelry download throughout the end of the year 2015 (December 31, 2015).
- Hook: UK 5.5 mm / US Size I
- Yarn: Aran / 10 ply / Worsted / Weight #4
- Colours: Works best in at least 4-5 different colours
- Pattern uses American crochet terms: see the following link for a printable conversion chart: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/70437470329344/
- Specialist stitch: Front Post Single Crochet (FPSC) – see a good video tutorial here if you are not sure how to do this stitch; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvdqqR2Kkho
Ta dah!! This is my version of this square using my colour palette (I blogged about this here). I love how it turned out! I love, love, love the stained glass window effect and how it highlights the pinks and purples in the centre!
Don’t forget to stay tuned for the next block to be released on 14 or 15th October.