Block 14 is here! Our next square has a beautiful flower motif which is super fun to make and as you know I do so love a popcorn stitch! I also love the way the popcorns make the central flower ‘pop’ out of the centre of the block.
I know some of you might be making more masculine themed blankets so if you are looking for inspiration for alternative blocks check out the Moogly 2014 CAL,Moogly 2015 CAL, Look What I Made Block A Week CAL, Ravelry BAM CAL, Blog Hop Crochet-Along, American Crochet-Along and Designs on A Hook CAL
This square is currently free on Ravelry and will be forever (yay!).
Although we are on block 14 there is still plenty of time to catch up, you can hook up a block in an evening easily – the full schedule and details about the CAL can be found here.
Click on the link in the title below to go straight to the pattern or add it to your Ravelry queue here.
The Secret Garden by Amber Schaaf
- Hook: 4 mm (US Size G)
- Yarn: Aran / 10 ply / Worsted / Weight #4
- Colours: I would suggest at least four different colours
- Pattern uses American crochet terms.
- POPCORN STITCH: 5 tr/dc into indicated st. Drop stitch from hook and insert it from front to back of the first dc, place your dropped loop back on your hook draw it through. Ch 1 to secure.
- US fptr/UK fpdtr – yarn over twice, place hook around the post of the dc/tr from the previous row (front to back and bring to the front), yarn over, pull around post. Slip last yarn over through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over and pull through last 2 loops.
- US bptr/UK bpdtr – yarn over twice, place hook around the post of the dc/tr from the previous row (back to front and bring to the back), yarn over, pull around post. Slip last yarn over through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over and pull through last 2 loops.
Ta dah!! This is my version of this square using my colour palette (I blogged about this here). A very pretty block I think you’ll agree and although the centre looks complicated but it’s actually quite easy and looks great.
Don’t forget to stay tuned for the next block to be released on July 22nd (or 23rd)